In this section will cover how to configure Mercury devices and use it with CredoID.
Connect an ethernet cable to the device and enable factory default settings, by turning DIP switch 2 to ON. This will enable factory default communication parameters.
- Network: static IP address: 192.168.0.251
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
- DNS Server: 192.168.0.1
- Set DIP switch 1 to ON. This will enable default user name admin and password password.
- Open a web browser and connect to device over default IP address: http://192.168.0.251
Create an optional web interface user if you want to change device settings later.
Navigate to "Users" tab.
Click "New User" button.
- Username: type name for user, don't use 'admin'
- Password: create strong password for the user
Click "Save" button.
Navigate to "Network" tab.
- Connection Type: IP Client.
- Data Security: TLS if Available.
- Host IP: Enter IP address where CredoID is running.
- Connection Mode: Continuous.
- Port Number: 3001.
- Set all DIP switches to OFF position.
- Click "Apply Settings" on the left menu. Device will reboot.
Now you can add device in CredoID which will appear in "Discover" list.
Make sure there is an incoming connection exception in your firewall settings for port 3001.
This section explains how to configure device with CredoID.
If device configured correctly in previous section, it should appear in the "Discover" list.
- Navigate to "Hardware" -> "Devices" tab.
- Click "Discover" button.
- Select device from the list and click "Select":
- Device Name: type unique name for device.
- Identifier: device identifier, generated by CredoID.
- MAC: device MAC address.
- IP Address: IP address for of the device.
- Port: 3001.
- Baud rate: select baud rate for RS-485 communication with modules.
- Click "Save" button.
After saving the device, if device status should change to "Online" after few moments.
- Click Synchronize button and wait until device Configuration state is "Completed"
This section contains information about HID device modules configuration.
Navigate to "Hardware" -> "Devices" tab and click on configured device.
Click on "Devices Modules" tab.
Click "Discover" button to detect modules automatically or click "Add" button to add modules manually.
Click "Save" button.
It is recommended to always add modules by using "Discover" button.